Unit’s missions :The unit’s central mission is to operate as the main prisoners escort unit. Intervention force of the prison’s services
Operates as the main prisoners escort unit
• Escorting the prisoners or detainees in the detention facilities
• Escorting the prisoners and detainees to courts and secure them in the courtrooms
• Escorting dangerous prisoners to house visits and medical treatments
• Bringing prisoners from aboard under an extradition treaty
Security and intervention
• Prison’s services security and intervention force
• Maintaining the security and order inside the IPS facilities
• Intervention in exceptional incidents inside the prison, with the goal of security and order enforcement
• Securing the threatened personnel and their families
Unique operational vehicles
Buses, trucks and motorcycles adapted to escort the combaters mission.
The vehicles are used as mobile prisons transferring dangerous population with high risk of escape. These kind of vehicles operates threw night and day.
Drugs and hot/cold weapons search
This unit helps with operating wide searches inside prison for detection of hot/cold weapon, narcotics, cellular phones etc.
Combat Training – Basic Training
1.General training with different weapons from basic to advanced level.
2.Operating neutralizing weapons including weapons aimed to neutralize the attacker without causing injury
3. Contact combat training (Krav Maga):
Defense against a knife attack, defense against a stick/object, defense against a pistol,
neutralizing the opponent by a peripheral attack, drilling of unconventional surprise
conditions, attacking the opponent with conventional objects (keys, sprays, pen, etc.)
Training Program and tracks security
Establishing tracks and planning their security system adequate to the prison, investigation factors and court’s executive needs.
Dealing with risks and threats while operating, among them:
1.Terrorist attacks planned in shooting outlines and explosives charges in the use of extraction/elimination of prisoners.
2.Physical injury caused the guards by the prisoners
3.Planned or random escape attempts from the escort vehicles and from the courts compound.
4.Mass rioting of the prisoners, terrorists and their families inside the courtrooms.The characteristics of the units’ missions require from the commanders and combaters to reach high operational fitness, professionalism, formation and self- discipline.